A couple of requests: RLV folder position & inventory search

A couple of requests: RLV folder position & inventory search

PostPosted by Pandarania » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Heyas!

So far really loving the viewer. I remember using this a long time ago, and it wasn't really suiting my needs but now with the improvements I'm really happy to say I love it! I do have a possible request though that I'm hoping possibly would be able to be done.

The first request is regarding the position of the #RLV folder. I notice it's under under trash (http://prntscr.com/84jolc) and depending the name of your folders, it gets shoved down quite a bit while the rest of the "System" folders are up at the top. Would it be possible to move this closer to the system folders please? It would make it easier to find :)

And for the second request, I was wondering if it is at all possible to implement in the inventory search the ability to use "+" as a way to enhance/narrow down your search. For example if I have a shirt named Cat Family T-Shirt with Dogface, and I typed in the search Cat+Dog+T-Shirt, it would be arrow to narrow down the results with the words in it. I found this feature exceptionally useful from another viewer and I'm sure others maybe will find it useful.

That's all for the requests, though for a final question I do have to ask, is there a way to Disable WebProfiles, and open up the other profile style window? Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back soon.
Pandarania

Re: A couple of requests: RLV folder position & inventory se

PostPosted by Connor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:51 pm

#RLV folder will slightly move around to different places going by how you sort your inventory click the clog button bottom left next to + for options
apart from that i'm not going to change it to work any different from SL or RLV viewers.

the + in search i will look into it so its on my maybe list.

Disable WebProfiles - Prefs->General->Misc tab untick the Default web profiles box!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by Pandarania » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Heyas!

Ok the web profiles ~ Fixed!. Thank you! I do notice it's doing a weird double displayname overlap for me but no one else (http://prntscr.com/84k5vi) but that's not a huge issue ^.^

Regarding the #RLV folder, I totally understand. It was worth a short haha. I suppose it's time to clean up my inventory a bit :P

And I look forward to seeing any progress on the "+" in the search. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the fast response. Keep up the great work!
Pandarania

PostPosted by Pandarania » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Oh! One last thing...

Is there a way to turn on in the build window the information on what face you have selected on a prim? So "All_Sides" or 1 to 8? I can't seem to find it anywhere :/
Pandarania

PostPosted by Connor » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Once upon a time a long long time ago UKanDo use to have Link number / selected face shown in the build window, but there was a bug in the way Linden servers sent this info to the viewer which at the time had been outstanding for like 2 years meaning that the face the viewer was telling you was selected wasn’t right, so ended up using an inworld show face script to get the correct face. So I pulled the code.

I never bothered to check if it was ever sorted, I know Singularity has it so when I get time I will install it and give it a go see if it was ever fixed!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by Pandarania » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Awesome!

I look forward to that. I got 3 of my friends to swap viewers already haha, We love it and being builders this would be helpful. :)
Pandarania

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Love the new world map:)
Is there any way t isupport for up to 2 gigabytes of texture memory, like firestorm and Alchemy Viewer?
Did not try any but it looks pretty neat.
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 pm

@ Pandarania,
I tested FS and unless I'm doing it wrong the build window gives you the face number but NOT the link number which makes the face number on its own useless? i still had to add my FaceFinder script to get the link number which just happens to give me the face number to so will stick to my script, it won't be in the viewer any time soon.

Hiya ZZ!
Not heard anything about it? Seems like a lot to me but will look into it for Ya!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 pm

From firestorm:
64bit builds allow setting texture memory up to 1GB, which results in 2GB max textures in memory. This should greatly improve “Texture Thrashing.”
And some that tried that:
LOVE number 9, I which we could bump it up to 4GB since the main reason for low frames is the very limited video memory compared with the huge amount of extra large texture maps being slapped on everything today, people kinda forget each of these 1024×1024 takes 4MB, I bought a bike that has 90MB worth of textures alone, suddenly you see why that 512MB limit was just a massive bottleneck.
Unquote:
So i fear that is only for 64b systems (like the ones we have) but i guess it will very hard to make a 64b build version.
Still if it possible and if it works as expected, then id love to test it:)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

ZZBottom wrote:This should greatly improve “Texture Thrashing.”

Going by what I have been told by another one of our users who has been running tests, the “Texture Thrashing” is caused by the fact that all the Avi icons for Chat group etc. are full size profile pictures being reduced to that icon size by the viewer and this is using all the texture memory, She also found on the web somewhere that LL is aware and looking into it?!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")