Just a Couple Ideas

Just a Couple Ideas

PostPosted by ladytrickz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 am

Okay for the longest time I have been a Firestorm Junkie, but I recently came across this viewer and I was majorly impressed. I do have a couple suggestions that I feel would make this viewer even more appealing.

First off, one of the features that I really enjoyed in Firestorm was the built in AO. This would be a nice addition to the viewer. Alot of people that use firestorm do use this feature. It actually makes it where you can go into places that don't allow scripts and even if you have to relog (which makes you lose your scripted AO) the built in AO will work regardless.

Second suggestion would be to incorporate the Set All feature that is under the friends. With this feature, you can actually put your friends into groups so that say you are a leader of a clan where you add all your members, you can put those members into the group and be able to locate them much faster then trying to go through 300 contacts trying to find which one you need. This also is nice considering people like to change their display names alllllll thhhhhheeee timmmmeee.

Other than these 2 items, I haven't came across anything else that isn't already on the viewer. Of course, it is still new to me so I am still exploring what all it has to offer.

Overall, good job nice work :)
ladytrickz

Re: Just a Couple Ideas

PostPosted by Connor » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Hiya LadyTrickz and welcome!

Hope the AO thingy is not a deal breaker!

Client side AO in UKanDo, Sorry never going to happen! There are forums all over the web which have covered this 100s of times. But here’s one that covers it sorta well-ish LOL

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/altern ... t-aos.html

As for the Set All feature, sounds like a good idea! I’ve not seen or heard of it but I will look into it and see what I can do!!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ladytrickz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

aww that stinks its a awesome feature the built in AO

oh and playing around some more another feature that would be nice and has been nice on firestorm is when you go to nearby and double click a person it teleports you to that person. In your version it opens an IM box.

Its not a huge deal but It comes in handy.
ladytrickz

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:11 pm

I agree with the not inclusion of the inbuild ao, it is great on open sim where ukando cant be used, does not make any sense on Sl where there are free amazing ao's like the sub ao.
Btw, does any have issues with pressing M to go to mouselock? i can only enter mouselock now id i use the mouse wheel.
Another feature id love to see is the possibility to see the menus while on mouselock, but i figured how to take snapshots when on it:)
And im getting used to unified snapsjot floater, as ling as i dont open the preview window lol, hope Ll will fix and allow the recize of that:)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

@ ZZ – I don't remember changing the M shortcut key? I just checked the latest LL viewer and that’s the same, hit M key and chat opens! so its no longer used as a shortcut??

Not seeing the menus in Mouselook is again a LL thing, RLV has removed the code which hides it and UKanDo did too, but after loads of requests I added it back, its sorta an I can't win thing with this one lol!!

UPDATE I get asked about this a lot! If i show it I'm asked to hide it, if i hide it I'm asked to show it.
I've added an option to show UI in MouseLook to [Prefs-> General-> Camera] (Next Release)!
It's disabled by default (Hide)! Once enabled (Show), when in MouseLook you have to hold down the Alt key to move cursor to the menus to use them!

@ Everyone else – UkanDo will NEVER have all the features Firestorm has! If you need all the features offered by Firestorm then Firestorm is the right viewer for you! Stick with it!

I only add features which I think will get used by most of our users, I'm not going to bloat the code with stuff which will get limited use, idea being to keep UKanDo lite with as little client side lag as poss! while keeping it as close to the LL viewer as it can be, this is something which is important to a lot of users, as i'm always being asked to keep it that way!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:33 pm

:) Take your time, i do not really use mouse lock to much lol:)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:02 pm

ZZBottom wrote::) Take your time, i do not really use mouse lock to much lol:)

OMG LOL :o
That has to the the quickest I have ever fixed anything by a long shot LMFAO!! :lol:
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by Connor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:04 pm

MouseLook in UKanDo Current version - Keyboard Shortcut [Ctrl+Alt+M] by the looks of it its been that for a while. :oops:

Option to show UI in MouseLook to [Prefs-> General-> Camera] (Next Release)!
It's disabled by default (Hide)! Once enabled (Show), when in MouseLook you have to hold down the Alt key to move cursor to the menus to use them!

So thats sorted!! ;)
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ladytrickz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:01 am

lol well Im not pushing the AO but the cost wasnt the issue at all when it comes to it and I totally don't mind not having it at all, but say you are in a zone that has scripts disabled and you have to relog. You have to go to a place for scripts to get your ao working again. With the built in one, you would come back with a working AO in the non scripted area. I don't use it, I just know a good bit of people that do and enjoy it :)
ladytrickz

PostPosted by ladytrickz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Okay throwing some more ideas your way. Okay, so being a host or a DJ in second life, this feature has been so useful and helpful. You need to add in a chat range feature so that when people come into range it will give you a notification. Another one that might be good as well as there is a windlight on Firestorm called Nam's Prim & Skin or something like that. Is there a windlight like that on this browser?
ladytrickz

Next

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")