Ukando for 64b systems?

Ukando for 64b systems?

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 am

Is it possible? Is there in fact any real advantages? (I use firestorm latest 64b release for use on open sim and it really fetches all inventory much faster then any viewer, but i didnt noticed any change when using it on Sl and with same graphics settings a slight decrease in fps compared to Ukando besides those anoying hundreds of options that makes one dispair for loosing hours setting up the interface!)
And as im speaking of Open sim, wish viewer you advise in there, as i know Ukando cant work there (damn Havoc Libraries:()?
ZZBottom

Re: Ukando for 64b systems?

PostPosted by Connor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm

The 32 bit version does works better on a 64 bit system than it does on 32 bit machines. And from my point of view, I have not seen any real advantages to a 64 bit build (Windows, I don’t know about Linux)!

As for when UKanDo will have a 64 bit version? The best answer I can give at this moment in time is, when the Lab releases 64 bit versions of their viewer.

I really don’t have the time at the moment to work on it and get it right, plus going by the few quick conversations I have had about it, there’s a shortage of 64 bit liberties for it to work with any reliability (but don’t quote me on that)!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ukando for 64b systems?

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Well lets just hope that tonight, with my new vga (ASUS GTX780TI DC2OC 3GB DDR5 - GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5) i will have a bit more fps then my old 580 gtx (Old but still a great value.) and that It will recognize the drivers (i know that a few time ago, LL official one didnt had the tables actualized for the more recent Nvidia drivers and vga.s), hope by now all is sorted if not ill have to google about adding them manually.
ZZBottom

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")