Derender

Derender

PostPosted by Inhandra » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:04 am

This hopefully shouldn't be anything too major to slow the viewer down! But I will specify what kind of derender I'm talking about. :)

Basically, I'm hoping for the ability to right click objects (either in the environment OR on people) and hit a rerender context menu. This would cause the object to, obviously, stop rendering temporarily. I'd like to stress the part about being able to do this on people. Those mesh animated companions and tails? Those things LAG! I've seen FPS gains of 10+ (without exaggerating) by simply derendering them and I'd love the ability to do that on UKanDo too.

I'd not quibble about the ability to also derender an entire person (as opposed to block, which hides their text) also.

Because I know someone might bring it up, this isn't an object/item blacklist I'm asking for, though again, I'd not quibble over such a thing if it were added to make these temporary derenders optionally permanent.

Thanks!
Inhandra

Re: Derender

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Im always forgetting about this 1!
For me sometimes is a pain to watch avatars not rezzed or that are wearing inv prims, when i wan tto take a picture and i cant derrender them!
So it is some i do miss that one!
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Been on my To-Do list for like ever but keeps working its way down, don't know why? I've had access to that code for 9 months now!

So... Temporarily derender objects, attachments, and/or avatars until we either change region or log out

Is now in the Next Release!!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Yes;)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Inhandra » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 am

Careful.

Y'all keep entertaining me and I might turn into a big fan.
Inhandra

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")