Skins

Skins

PostPosted by Inhandra » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Would it be too much to request the default viewer skin be added back in as an option? As much as I find the viewer interesting I'm finding the color scheme to actually hurt my eyes if I look at it for too long due to the contrast. Does not need to be default, as long as it's there to be turned on, I'd be a very happy camper.
Inhandra

Re: Skins

PostPosted by Connor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 pm

We have been talking about the skins, at the moment we are leaning towards adding skin folders to the website to be downloaded and used to replace the skins folder in the install folder.

No decision has been made yet as we are still working though the options, but it’s thought this would be quick & easy for the user to do (with full easy to follow instructions)! This will save a lot of additional code being added to the viewer and keep the size of the download low! It will mean more work for us as we will need to make new skins for each new version release, but at the end of the day, it will keep the viewer code lite, and you will only need to download the skin you want to use and not all the skins if included within the viewer download.

As soon as we decide which option we will go for we will get it out to everyone via the website and forum!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by Inhandra » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 am

I think that would be entirely feasible. I'd certainly make use of skins offered on the website. :) Thanks for the quick response.
Inhandra

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Nice to know abut the skins, i for sure will love to download and try them as well!
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:30 pm

UPDATE!

Going to implement this real soon, probably the next release as the skin is version dependant! :D
But should by then have the Linden Default skin up and running!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by Inhandra » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:53 am

It works BEAUTIFULLY. Feels just like home but with extras!
Inhandra

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")