Nice Viewer ! just a couple of things..........

Nice Viewer ! just a couple of things..........

PostPosted by slinkybabs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi !
Been using your viewer for a couple of days now and am enjoying it.
The viewer I have mainly used is Firestorm but it seems to get a bit slow at times and I fancied a change.
I love your camera angle ! I did fiddle around with Firestorm's via the debug settings but you get it just right.

Three things I do miss a little though.

Sign In. Is it possible to have a drop down box so as if you have an alt you don't have to type in name and password every time ?

Notification Chiclets. They appear top right in your viewer as they do by default in Firestorm. But in FS you have the option of switching them to bottom right. I have them there in FS because I tend to put HUD's at the top and they get obscured. Any chance of the option in UKanDo ?

Toolbar buttons. Once again in FS you the option of positioning the buttons at the top, middle or bottom of the side bars rather than just the middle. Any chance ?

Many thanks for your work on this viewer though, it's a nice addition !
slinkybabs

Re: Nice Viewer ! just a couple of things..........

PostPosted by Connor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi slinkybabs!

These some good suggestions there and I will look into them!

One thing I do need to keep in mind is speed! The more code I add the more the possibility of slowing the viewer down, so it’s kinda a balancing act I have to do.

I have and will add some features asked for, if it’s something we think a lot of ppls will use so making the extra code worth adding.

The last thing I want to do it add everything that gets requested, these a lot of good viewers out there which do this already.

Testing has shown that UKanDo is only a little bit slower (FPS) than the LL viewer even with what has been added already, and the aim is to keep as close as poss to that kind of speed.

I will look into it and see what I can come up with! But unfortunately, this is a problem a lot of FireStorm users will have, UKanDo will never have anywhere near as many features as FireStorm! You will always find things missing from UKanDo that you grew to love in FireStorm!

Thanx again for trying UKanDo!
Connor
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I would have to agree with the suggestions as i'm also used to 2 of them (I have on other viewers the notices on the bottom right, the bottoms all to the right of the bottom screen) but i understand that adding more feature will improve the risk of making the viewer slower and for sure I do not trade the quality and speed of this viewer for some that i can adapt to!
But if any of those are feasible without performance cost then id love to have them!
Still what makes me love so much this viewer is that it works, it has all one needs to login and not had to fiddle with settings for hours!
All i asked and hoped, to have a materials viewer with latest LL ssa code and Rlv, plus upload direct to flick, camera settings that make sense and the option to not show look at!
So if the 3 options suggested can be implemented without a cost to performance, i would like to add one more only to them, a fps indicator on top right corner!
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Now I’m being ganged up on LOL :o

OK I Give in! :D

I will look into them as soon as I get some spare time! And see what I can come up with!!

I have no idea which release they might appear in but they are on my LookInTo list which is only one step away from my ToDo list ;)

And ZZ!
I have added that QuickTool button to the bottom toolbar for quicker access to Water/Sky Presets plus a few others as we talked about!!

Its in my test viewer so if all goes well it should be in the next release!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:55 pm

:) take your time, so far it works great as it is:)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by Connor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Notification Chiclets. - top or bottom right option.

Toolbar buttons. - top, middle or bottom for side bars - Left, right or center for bottom bar plus text only button options.

Now in Dev build, if all goes well will be in next release!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by ZZBottom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 pm

:)
ZZBottom

PostPosted by slinkybabs » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Great news about the Chiclets and the toolbar buttons position !

No drop down on the sign in though ? :(

One other thing - I hate the web profiles ! Any chance of the ordinary in world profiles being an option ?

But still using the viewer and liking it very much ! Thanks again for the work you have done.
slinkybabs

PostPosted by Connor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Sign in Dropdown Menu:
This is still being thought over, last nite an idea was thrown out at me which might well need this? So not off the ToDo list yet, will have to see how this plays out LOL!

Legacy Profiles:
Sorry but No.
Its based on old V1 code, if I add back legacy profiles someone would want Pie menus then someone else would want something else and so on!
I’m trying not to use any defunct code, it’s really hard to advance and move forward with a modern viewer if I keep adding back old code which LL removed, now I might not agree with everything they do but I'm looking at this as the price of progress.

But just to show I'm not a total killjoy, Chiclets and the toolbar buttons position are in UKanDo Release 3.6.8
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by slinkybabs » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 am

That's OK about the profiles, understand the direction you are taking ! Looking forward to the new release.
slinkybabs

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")