Private IM chat in separate windows... Please...

Private IM chat in separate windows... Please...

PostPosted by analyric » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello Connor,
I just started using your viewer and I am really enjoying it so far! I was using Firestorm that kept hiccupping in places where lag is a bit high but UKanDo responded really well.
I dare posting here to make a suggestion or better said a request: Would it be possible to have private IM chat in separate windows? Tabs are just terrible because it often happens you type in the wrong IM tab or even in local chat! And it can be awkward at times…
Thank you in anticipation.

And thanks for UKanDo viewer! I really like it!
Best wishes,
Ana
analyric

Re: Private IM chat in separate windows... Please...

PostPosted by Connor » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Ana!

Thanx for using UKanDo hope you carry on enjoying it!

These already a way around your request without me having to change any code (I Love this type of request, I don't have to do anything! LOL)

Top right hand side of the IM window, these a button with an arrow pointing to the top right hand corner.
If you click that the IM window will separate from the main chat floater as a single window!

Let me know if this is what you need or not!

Thanx again!
Connor
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted by analyric » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello Connor,

Thank you for your kind reply!

No, not exactly. I was referring to multiple chat windows like the ones we can use in Firestorm if you choose Viewer3 mode.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!
Ana
analyric

PostPosted by Connor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi Ana!

Ok leave it with me, not used FS in a while so when I get time I will install it and take a look at what you mean!

No promises though! I don't know but think it might be a rollback of some old V1 code? (but don't quote me on that)! If it is I won't use it for the same reason I have not added legacy profiles or Pie Menus.

I think it’s a lot harder to move forward and advance a viewer if I keep re-adding features LL have removed as out-of-date, not needed, old hat, better ways of doing this, if you get my meaning!!

I will however take a look to see how it works with CHUI and if it will be a move forward or a step backwards!

You Have a Great Weekend too!
Connor
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to UKanDo Feature Requests ("Don't Hold Your Breath")