Login NOT required to post here!

Other Platforms

PostPosted by MoJo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm

:?: Will you be releasing versions for any other platforms :?:
MoJo

Re: Other Platforms

PostPosted by Connor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Mojo and welcome!

There isn't a quick answer to your question but I will try to keep it short.
I don't have the kit or knowhow to build for other platforms, in fact I had to read the LL build instructions for Linux and Mac for about 4 hrs. before I worked out that they were in fact written in English!

The only way at this time I could see this happening is if someone else offered to check and built the viewer for each platform for me. This in itself can cause problems. I had a few volunteers offer to build the Linux and Mac installers for me on the first version of the viewer. This worked well for the first few releases but over time they started to fall behind the windows build which lead to more than a few unhappy users!

Even though this time around I only intend to release versions within a day or so of LL updating the standard viewer, it still means that I need to find people that can fix any code I bust for that platform, build it for me then send me the install files for the download page. Which is a lot to ask from volunteers who give up they own time and skills to help out, but the only way it will work is if all versions kept with the latest release!

So, for the time being although I would love to have releases for all 3 platforms, I really can't see it happening anytime soon!
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Other Platforms

PostPosted by Connor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 am

UPDATE

From now on there should be a GNU/Linux 32 bit version Release round about the same time as the windows version! :o

The download for this can be found on the Main website Download page!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 am.
Connor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to UKanDo Viewer Support